Reporting a safeguarding issue

Allegations of abuse or poor practice must be reported to the RFU and Oxfordshire RFU as soon as possible.

Any concerns about a child should be reported to either your Club Safeguarding Officer or Jenny Bosley, Constituent Body Safeguarding Manager.

An Safeguarding Referral Form should be completed regarding any concerns relating to the behaviour of any child or adult involved in or spectating at your club. These may include general concerns about a child’s welfare, concerns about bullying or poor practice, suspicions or allegations of misconduct, or allegations of abuse.
Safeguarding Referral Form

You may find it useful to refer to pages 26 to 29 of the RFU Safeguarding Children Policy for further guidance.

In all cases if you are not sure what to do contact either the NSPCC 24-hour freephone helpline (0808 800 5000) or leave a message on the RFU Safeguarding Line (0208 831 6655) and a member of the Safeguarding Team will respond.

If you have a complaint in relation to a safeguarding process undertaken by the RFU, please refer to the RFU’s complaints procedure.
RFU Safeguarding Complaints Policy