County Under 16s rugby is a step up in pace and ability from most club or school rugby, encouraging you to perform outside your comfort zone.
Under 16s is completely open to ALL players regardless of the level of club or school rugby being played. If you are good enough, you will be selected. Over the years, Under 16s rugby has been a fantastic platform for players to showcase their skills and it has created many opportunities to network to higher level rugby.
Oxfordshire RFU Under 16s have a proud record of development and are keen to maintain and a strong ambition to progress.
The Under 16s also provides a route to the County Under 17s; providing an opportunity for players to be involved in Oxfordshire for years to come.
As a player, our coaching team is very aware that you already have club / school / college / work commitments. Therefore our training sessions focus mainly on unit and team practices and structure, with limited contact.
Our coaching team needs your commitment as the standard that Under 16s play at requires good quality preparation. The normal level of commitment is around 5 – 6 training sessions (with a couple being held pre tournament) as well as the County games.
This is an ideal opportunity for you to get the recognition you deserve or have missed out in earlier years.
- Friday 29th November 2019 – Training from 7pm to 9pm
- Friday 6th December 2019 – Training from 7pm to 9pm
- Friday 3rd January 2020 – Training from 7pm to 9pm
- Friday 17th January 2020 – Training from 7pm to 9pm
- Friday 31st January 2020 – Training from 7pm to 9pm
- Sunday 2nd February 2020 – Fixture versus Buckinghamshire RFC
- Friday 28th February 2020 – Training from 7pm to 9pm
For further information or to find out how to get involved in Under 16s rugby, please contact:
Mark Kirwin, Under 16s, Under 17s & Under 18s Age Group Director
Under 16s Team Management 2019-2020
- Head Coach – Matt Street
- Lead Coach – Jeremy Philpott
- Assistant Coaches – Scott Walkden, Tom Arnold, Ben Wilson, Sam Colmer
- Team Manager – Gordon McMeekan