County Under 18s rugby is a step up in pace and ability from most club, school or college rugby, encouraging you to perform outside your comfort zone.
Under 18s is completely open to ALL players regardless of the level of club, school or college rugby being played. If you are good enough, you will be selected. Over the years, Under 18s rugby has been a fantastic platform for players to showcase their skills and it has created many opportunities to network to higher level rugby.
Oxfordshire RFU Under 18s have a proud record of development and are keen to maintain and a strong ambition to progress.
The Under 18s also provides a route to the County Under 20s; providing an opportunity for players to be involved in Oxfordshire for years to come.
As a player, our coaching team is very aware that you already have club / school / college / work commitments. Therefore our training sessions focus mainly on unit and team practices and structure, with limited contact.
Our coaching team needs your commitment as the standard that Under 18s play at requires good quality preparation. The normal level of commitment is around 5 – 6 training sessions (with a couple being held pre tournament) as well as the County games.
This is an ideal opportunity for you to get the recognition you deserve or have missed out in earlier years.
- Friday 15th November 2019 – Training from 7pm to 9pm
- Friday 29th November 2019 – Training from 7pm to 9pm
- Friday 13th December 2019 – Training from 7pm to 9pm
- Friday 3rd January 2020 – Training from 7pm to 9pm
- Friday 10th January 2020 – Training from 7pm to 9pm
For further information or to find out how to get involved in Under 18s rugby, please contact:
Mark Kirwin, Under 16s, Under 17s & Under 18s Age Group Director
Under 18s Team Management 2019-2020
- Lead Coach – Peter Bello
- Assistant Coaches – Mick Routledge, Dave Walkden, Mark Clarke
- Support Coaches – Nigel Parnell, Joe Whatmore
- Team Manager – Gordon McMeekan
- Head Selectors – Dave Walkden, Mick Routledge