Positional Requirements – Winger
1. Is able to jump and catch the ball in the air, both chasing and receiving
2. Is able to kick with either foot i.e. (a) Punt (b) Restart, (c) Chip, (d) DA’s
3. Has a good tactical kicking awareness
4. Has effective individual tackling technique (1 v 1)
5. Has effective team defence technique
6. Has the ability and confidence to play at 10
7. Is a creative strike runner i.e. (a) creative, (b) strike, (c) power
8. Is a finisher
9. Delivers quick ball in contact
10. Has ability to read a game, i.e. does not just stay on wing
11. Is a County-standard kicker.
12. Is mentally tough, i.e. competes and trains at 95-100% of ability at all times.
13. Has County-standard levels
14. Has a ruthless edge in the pursuit of winning
| Speed, Agility, Footwork | Tactical / Contact Skills | Running Lines | Kicking | Jumping Skills | Defence | Passing|