OBURFC Assistant Coach (Backs Specialism)
Job Purpose: To assist the Men’s Head of Rugby in the delivery of an effective programme for the men’s rugby performance squads.
- To assist in the planning and delivery of the men’s performance programmes as agreed with the Head of Rugby.
- To lead on areas of delivery as agreed with the Director of Rugby, currently backs performance, skill development and defence.
- To review and analyse performance of both OBURFC and opposition teams through use of the appropriate match videos on Coach Logic and as provided by the OBURFC analysts.
- To input to selection and the multi-disciplinary team.
- To share ownership of players’ individual development plans as agreed with the Head of Rugby, working with players to develop their understanding of their own performance and to maximise strengths and mitigate weaknesses.
- To assist in the administration and management of teams as required.
- To support the broader Oxford Brookes University rugby programme [men’s and women’s] as required, for example running skill sessions and observing and feeding back to fellow coaches.
- To contribute to the recruitment of players as agreed with the Head of Rugby.
- To lead on projects or management areas as agreed with the Head of Rugby, for example talent ID and player movement across the programme.
- Be available for all Performance Squad sessions (Monday & Friday) and 1st XV matches (Wednesday, when available) throughout the season, including pre season.
Organisational Responsibility Reports to the Director of Rugby
- Proven track record of coaching Performance Athletes in an educational setting.
- Knowledge of current coaching and training processes.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- IT skills necessary for analysis, presentations and report writing.
- Excellent motivational skill.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to update First Aid and Health and Safety requirements for Rugby and work towards advanced coaching awards and qualifications.
- Minimum of RFU Level 2 or Coaching Award.
- Willingness to work irregular hours as necessary.
- Detailed tactical and technical knowledge of Rugby Union.
- A commitment to observe and uphold anti-doping policies.
Please send you CV and a covering letter to Joe Winpenny (Head of Rugby), email@example.com or email for additional information.